Friday, April 10, 2015

The Grass Cutter Diary

     The wonder of the spring and summer!  Everything is new again.  Growth begins anew, and it seems the world is once again alive.  Everything from birds singing, bugs buzzing, and grass growing.  Well, we all know what has to happen when the grass starts growing right?  Somebody has to cut it.  Otherwise the alternative is anarchy.  This is just the way it is, and while I can be a non-conformist on many topics, well probably most topics, I am an ex-cop/43 year old history grad student/uber dad extraordinaire who writes a blog for fun.  However, I do conform with the grass cutting because like my father before me, it's just the right thing to do.  We're civilized folk, and civilized folk cut grass.  That's just all there is to it.  That being said.  I don't like to cut grass.  Never have, never will.  I've been trying to hand off this job for years to anyone who would take it.  It looks like my dreams may have finally come true, and I may have found my man.  My sole male heir may take the job!  I hope to post a video in this blog post to prove that.  We'll see if it works.



Yep it worked!  The boy would only cut the back yard to start off with, because he was too embarrassed to be seen with dear old dad cutting grass in the front yard.  I guess I've blasted Guns N Roses one too many times up at the middle school.  My reputation proceeds me.  While I'm at it, I should also mention another job I've been trying to get of lately!  See if you can guess what that job is.  I kind of kill two birds with one stone with this one.


However, it took me two tries to get it right.  Proof below





I suppose I should just let it go


Ok.  That's enough videos.  The bottom line is that if everything works out well I will not be cutting grass near as much around here.  I'm good with that.  I have to instill some type of knowledge on the next generation.  I only have limited knowledge to give so it'll have to do.  Thank you for your support.