Friday, December 20, 2013

Top 10 Potential New Year's Resolutions

     As we prepare for the cross country trek to Wisconsin I began to look inward.  New Year's Day approaches, and with it there is the annual chance to change the upcoming year with promises of a new attitude or new way of doing things.  Technically, I will be driving back to the Great State of Alabama on New Year's Day so I'm throwing these potential resolutions out there a little early.  Here goes the Top 10 Potential New Year's Resolutions.  By the way my birthday is January 2, and all probable gift givers should be directed to http://apple.com 

#10- Start my own version of the "Daddy Day Care."  I got skillz in this area.

#9- Stop drinking coffee and using all caffeine containing products.  Yea, right.  That ain't happening.  I love Dunkin Donuts coffee too much.

#8- Audition for American Idol or America's got Talent.  Two problems:  I'm too old for American Idol, and I've got no talent.  Maybe I can become one of those "Audition Moms" and make my children become performers.  You have to be careful though, you don't want your kids to end up like Gary Coleman.

#7- To finally defeat my son on an Xbox game.  Any Xbox game will suffice.  My losing streak is epic.  I am a tenacious competitor, but the hand-eye coordination on that boy is disturbing.

#6- I will learn how to style little girl hair, and master the complexities of little girl clothes.  This will happen.  Oh, yes....it will!

#5-  Write my memoirs.  They will be entitled, "I Did it my Way:  That was my first mistake."  Look for it at a thrift shop near you!

#4- Pursue my love of professional wrestling, and become either "The Deadly Daddy" or "CJ Golden: History Dude."  It could happen.  Well, probably not, but a boy can dream, can't he?

#3- Drop out, move to a small Caribbean island, and start my own hippy commune/youth sports complex.  It would probably be the first of its kind, and for good reason.

#2- Stop the football madness.  I love me some Alabama football, and sometimes probably too much.  I am actually still on a media blackout from the Auburn loss.  I haven't looked at, read, or listened to anything pertaining to football since the game.  That's nuts.  I blame my father, but no matter how much I try I'll be saying "Roll Tide" till I die.

#1- Work every day to get better at everything I do.  Work hard every day to dominate every opponent and challenge that this life throws at me.  Work to be a better father, husband, friend, neighbor, and human being in general.  Yeah, I think we've found a winner.

     That's all I got before the Holiday season.  I truly love this time of year, and as long as we don't get snowed in somewhere like Manitscold, Indiana all will be well.  Everyone here at the home office in Mt. Olive, Alabama would like to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!